MechWarrior 2 - Mercenaries Patches (DOS/95)

MechWarrior 2 Related Downloads go here.
Forum rules
Please if you download a file post up a thanks or your thoughts about the file you downloaded and your experiences.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

MechWarrior 2 - Mercenaries Patches (DOS/95)

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Please note you must NEVER patch DOS with a 95 patch and vice versa. The patches are not compatible. Please look at your disc and chosen installation to choose the appropriate patch.
1.06 is the last DOS patch.

Mercenaries 95 - 1.1 Patch
Mercenaries 95: 1.08 beta D3D Patch

Mercenaries DOS - 1.05 to 1.06 Patch
Mercenaries DOS: 1.05 Patch
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: MechWarrior 2 - Mercenaries Patches (DOS/95)

Post by Skyfaller »

It seems a patch to Mercs 1.1 was published in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=514

If anybody tests it, please post your experiences. Thank you.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

I have tested thecrankyhermit's 1.1 patch. It ran on windows without the use of the hook, I saw the inside of my mech, the HUD system and such, but the entire environment was nothing but a white screen. Then again, I wonder what it would have been like if I had known how to set wireframe up.
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Keebler
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Keebler »

You mean edit gamekey.map "ENHANCED_VISION W" ?
Bulldog8281
I.S. Baby

Post by Bulldog8281 »

Does the Mercenaries DOS patch apply to DOS Box via Mech VM? Also, it it safe to patch a game installed into Mech VM? Thanks.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

hmm thats honestly tough say. Theoretically it should be patchable, but don't quote me on that...
I am ify on that myself because if i recall right mechvm for the mercs versions looks like it outputs it slightly differently than it would have if it installed through the normal installer.

Just try and see
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Bulldog8281
I.S. Baby

Post by Bulldog8281 »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:hmm thats honestly tough say. Theoretically it should be patchable, but don't quote me on that...
I am ify on that myself because if i recall right mechvm for the mercs versions looks like it outputs it slightly differently than it would have if it installed through the normal installer.

Just try and see
Ok, I will try when I get home in a couple hours. The main reason being is because I don't have the dynamic salvage, and it drives me nuts.
Bulldog8281
I.S. Baby

Post by Bulldog8281 »

So, I tried applying the DOS patches to mercs in the Mech VM. It seems to have gone though, but I still se no difference, and no dynamic salvage. Any ideas?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

mercs dos does not have dynamic salvage. Only 95 1.1 does.
Bulldog8281
I.S. Baby

Post by Bulldog8281 »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:mercs dos does not have dynamic salvage. Only 95 1.1 does.
Copy that. I have installed my copy of Mercs 95 via Mech VM. How do I upgrade to 1.1 from here? Everything else works good, but I want that dynamic salvage! Thanks for your help BTW.

Edit: I tried the 1.1 Patch (mpatch.exe), and it just will not for the life of me work to patch Mercs 95 installed in Mech VM. It always says "patch failed". I am just trying to get dynamic salvage. I also tried the other patches 1.5 and 1.6 and they don't work either. Slugs Hook seems like it works, but when I go to run a mission, it takes the mission almost 5 minutes just to open up, and everything is glitchy. Of course, the dynamic salavage works now, but the game is almost unplayable. Kontzas method doesn't work either. It caused wierd audio glitches, like the game playing the wrong sounds at the wrong times. Slugs Patch says it is not the right game.

For crying out loud, I don't understand why I am having so many problems. I have all normal stuff. XP service pack 3, the normal windows 95 version of mercs. (I also have Titanium and 3DFX but I cannot get 3DFX to work correctly and Titanium's music tracks are all cut back to one minute.) It is hard to explain with seeing it.