Recommended Mods for DOS and Pentium versions

General Mech2 related Developments go here. Discussions welcome!

Moderator: Skyfaller

Forum rules
If you are writing a guide please do not post it here! Post in the Dev FAQ section please.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Recommended Mods for DOS and Pentium versions

Post by Skyfaller »

This thread links to the best mods mech2.org has produced so far. Rather than stickying a number of threads, I'd like to link to them from here. Please post your opinion in the respective threads.

Viewing Distance Mod:
If bots that start firing before you can even see them anger you, try this mod.

Enhanced Skirmish Mod :
Replaces the objects in Mercs' "Instant Action" with larger, more interesting ones.
(Requires MW2:Mercenaries, DOS version)

Kell's alternative 'Mechs (latest version, FAQ):
Col. Kell has made a mod that allows to play with various vehicles in MW2:31stCC.

Refusal War backstory:
Col.Kell wrote:In this creation I have made an auto-patcher that makes 3 custom campaign missions and patches your GBL .PRJ file for 31stCC gameplay.
(Pentium game versions of 31stCC and GBL required)

MechVM (latest version, FAQ):
My own Mw2 and MW3 swiss army knife. Most useful for installing MW2, extracting & converting files and making mods.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Re: Recommended Mods

Post by Col.Kell »

Thanks. One other thing I'd like to put up is the Refusal War Backstory missions (Here)
Why I find it so great is that its practicly the only mod with what I can really call "custom missions". If you have both 31stCC and GBL, I highly encourage you download this.

I have one other mod I'd like to release that I'd think would be big. Though I have forgoten about it for the past 4 months :roll:

(I only control Kell's Workshop. I can't edit posts here :P )
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Mojoswagger1980
I.S. Baby

Re: Recommended Mods for DOS and Pentium versions

Post by Mojoswagger1980 »

None of these will install unless your have windows even though it clearly states otherwise . I play on android and i keep getting error this program cannot be run in dos with every install . Just thought you should correct the title given they dont work on dos version unless you have windows installed
Mojoswagger1980
I.S. Baby

Post by Mojoswagger1980 »

lol should have installed on pc and then just copied over like a person who has used a pc before would do.
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by navbuoy »

I know the refusal war is just a bat file - not sure if DosBox would behave fully or not seeing as you mentioned using Android.
Even though DosBox is not really Dos - it does provide most common functionality so you'd think at least the batch files would work provided you have all the files in the right place and mounted correctly...which can be tricky.

I have yet to try the Refusal War again since I failed getting it to work the first time years ago but I have a better understanding what I am doing now so might give it another go and see what happens..when I have time.