New NetmechDos Distro [Taking submissions]

General Mech2 related Developments go here. Discussions welcome!

Moderator: Skyfaller

Forum rules
If you are writing a guide please do not post it here! Post in the Dev FAQ section please.
-Myg
House Steiner Sergeant Major

New NetmechDos Distro [Taking submissions]

Post by -Myg »

Hello all,

As per the request of some particular voices on irc, I am taking requests/suggestions/submissions for the next NetmechDos distro. The new version will have a built in IRC client for ease of use etc...
Ok then; away you go!

BTW: You have till Wednesday 21st Jan, I will be uploading the new version at 18:00 GMT...

:-)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: New NetmechDos Distro [Taking submissions]

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Please could you add a mech pack I am putting together in the pack? It is probably the most requested feature in netmech to have custom mechs.
I always end up having to point everyone to my mech pack in order to get a decent set of mechs.

I have my mech pack thinned down quite abit and ordered by class and labeled properly.
Mechs that I know have not been tested will be labeled with (XP) mechs that are favored have (FM).

I am still awaiting a few more mechs though before I submit this to you, I am waiting to hear back from npsbre and Highlander... i would have liked to include freeza's as well but he does not have his mechs with him atm.

btw thanks Cyril for your mechs!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Is it possible to get some GBL mechs or is that just a pipe dream? :)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

I think on that ya dreaming Kell. :|

Reminds me though he myg are you going to include MLM in this build?
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Highlander
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Highlander's meks for Myg's build AND comments on build

Post by Highlander »

Hello Radick, Myg...

Here are some mechs for Mygs build. For most of the chassis I chose 3 or so, some such as timber and warhammer have more. I renamed them to denote what class of mech they are:
C1
C4
C6
L3 (= level 3)

Also I have a lot of RB's mechs if you guys do not have them

ALSO, I want to say, the new build should have the following:

1) a free IRC client that is minimal but does have pop-up personal message windows WITH SOME KIND OF BEEP to get your attention if you are in another window
2) good keyboard configurations built in as presets 1, 2, 3,... Cyril has a good one I think
3) the Meklab... if you guys dont put one in I will make a build and put it in
4) slowdown programs with instructions for using them on multi-core machines, along with the software to do so (Radick knows what its called) and also warnings of how they may introduce bouncing effects
** I think this is critical since a lot of people try it and leave when their JJ dont recharge
5) MLM2000 (was part of netmechxp 37, I can give you a copy if you dont have one)
6) mechman.exe
7) installer automatically populates start menu folder with links to launch netmech, launch mechlab, launch mechman.exe and MLM2000
8) if the other mechs to be included dont include C4/C6/L3/C1 etc in their name, may be worthwhile to rename the mechs so newbies can more easily pick mechs
9) make sure default res is set to 1024 x 768
10) directions on reversing the mouse up/down
Attachments
HL_mechs.zip
(19.89 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Highlander's meks for Myg's build AND comments on build

ty, I have combined and renamed all of ya mechs with my pack and npsbre's/cyrils mechs. Thanks!

Final pack attached myg.

I would generally echo what high said on points #2,4,5
Attachments
MEK.rar
(54.01 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
-Myg

Post by -Myg »

please remove thread; thanks.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Why do you want this thread removed? It seems to me to be a valuable resource decribing the contributions to the latest NetMech Distro.