PRJ-External Game Files?

General Mech2 related Developments go here. Discussions welcome!

Moderator: Skyfaller

Forum rules
If you are writing a guide please do not post it here! Post in the Dev FAQ section please.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

PRJ-External Game Files?

Post by Col.Kell »

I just had a thought. We all know that with the exeption of MEK files, everything 31cc and GBL uses for gameplay is packed inside the PRJ file.

Well what exactly is it that alows the game(s) to referance a file outside the PRJ? Is it some kind of code that enables this? I am curious if the same thing that does this for the MEK file can also be aplied to any other folder in the PRJ, like the BWDs and such. That way 31cc or GBL could function in the same way Mercs does, alowing file calls outside the PRJ for hasle-free modding and file making. Any input?
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: PRJ-External Game Files?

Post by Skyfaller »

I'm not sure about this. It's possible, and in that case, the people behind NAIS might know. Perhaps you'll find something in the modding & mapping FAQ's. It only exists if the MW2 makers added support for it.

The last version of MechVM (2008-12-12) fixed some bugs for replacing larger files in the PRJ, though apparently not all. We'll see how my experiments with adding files to the PRJ will turn out.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Re: PRJ-External Game Files?

Post by Col.Kell »

Cool. Looking forward to testing.
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC