Tech info idea

General Mech2 related Developments go here. Discussions welcome!

Moderator: Skyfaller

Forum rules
If you are writing a guide please do not post it here! Post in the Dev FAQ section please.
nightbanshee
I.S. Baby

Tech info idea

Post by nightbanshee »

I noticed that a lot of technical details are spread throughout the forums such as the binary formats subforum, etc. Would it make sense to set up some sort of simple wiki that would allow people to better organize the information and keep it up to date? Just a thought. I'm new here, so take it for what it's worth.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Tech info idea

Post by Skyfaller »

I doubt anyone would be willing to invest the time to reorganize all the information in the forum into a wiki.

We have a search function on the forum, and I tried to add links to my posts where it makes sense.
Enzo03
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Re: Tech info idea

Post by Enzo03 »

Well a bunch of teenagers with nothing better to do made a wiki on one of the forums I go to, surely there would be someone here who'd be willing to do it for this site.. maybe not.

I wouldn't be.

That same aforementioned forum also wound up with a self-made TV Tropes page so...
Someone talking about violence in video games, specifically Grand Theft Auto, wrote:HAY GUYZ I CAN HIDE ROCKETS AND AK-47S AND GUNS IN MY PANTS AND GET INTO POLICE STATIONS! LETS DO IT IRL!