mechwarrior 2 mercs request

General Mech2 related Developments go here. Discussions welcome!

Moderator: Skyfaller

Forum rules
If you are writing a guide please do not post it here! Post in the Dev FAQ section please.
Demonslayer
House Steiner Private First Class

mechwarrior 2 mercs request

Post by Demonslayer »

could any of you guys make a save game editor that gives you clan technology along with a nuke and ammo and also a mechlab that allows customization on engines that makes them go faster and make them xl and gives you any battlemech that was made for the game with a texture choice like black panels or red camo and make a money adder if any of you guys could could you please do so it would be highly appreciated
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: mechwarrior 2 mercs request

Post by Skyfaller »

For some editions of MW2, MechVM offers its own alternative version of the shell, including an alternative MechLab. You might want to try that, even if it will not allow you to create cheat mechs. However, it does offer some options that are not present in the original game, which are still covered by the official BattleTech rules.

Let me know how it works for you. If you have problems, please let me know which version of Mercs you use precisely.

Also, changing camouflage is possible, but it is more work than I would be willing to invest currently.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Yeah cammo is possible, npsbre and I did it 3-4 years ago.
However, the format we couldn't quite figure out if I recall correctly. We got really weird results.
Course this was before mechvm existed, so now it actually might be easier.

How to do it though.. i forget. I just remember it was alot of hex editing. Not worth the trouble really like skyfaller said.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Demonslayer

Post by Demonslayer »

I have used 3dfx mercs and dos along with titanium and some times 95 the mech lab is helpful but i can't find ammo for the nuke and override engine but it was very help ful for creating a crab with clan tech (3dfx) but im talking about being able to use your mech lab and replace a certain mech with clan tech instead of inner sphere tech but faller are you working on adding mrms and hachets and etc?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

What is an override engine? Do you mean overweight (>400 engine rating)? I think I added support for those in MechVM's MechLab. You need to launch the game using MechVM with an entry that says MechVM shell in brackets. Not sure about nukes.

Adding MRMS and hatchets would require rewriting the game. If you assemble a team consisting of several 3D and sound artists, and a budget to feed us for at least a year, I can help you. Also, there are licensing issues to consider.

Textures in MW2 are described here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=500. I'd say have fun, but I suppose you won't.
Demonslayer

Post by Demonslayer »

yeah overriding engines weight and speed to 400 xl or 400 standard but could you please make a trainer that has the comments request and that lets you use mechwarrior titanium cheats instead of using supercalifunkyfargisexy and using mechwarrior titan cheat su,in,cr,is,li,oo and the modding i wish i had had the source code so i can try to edit instead of using hard hexediting and .cel editing
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

My request is that you use proper punctuation and capital letters. You can download the source code for MechVM from my website, MechVM will allow to access the files inside MW2.PRJ. Accessing the file formats is described in the posts on this forum, you just have to read them.
Demonslayer

Post by Demonslayer »

Ok i will work on my punctuation its just that i am not so very good with it. the MechVM thing i have but it has problems with opening the mw2.prj when i try to replace a file with another file it crashes and i cannot scroll down to see the main files or mech files. So i want to use a trainer to cheat because i already beat the game and wish to play king on the game
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

The mercs save games have a different format than the other MW2 save games and they are much larger. Not a lot of work has been done to investigate Mercs' savegames. However, cheating in Mercs is not necessary for most people because the game is rather easy. Just use Medium Pulse lasers and/or Autocannons. These weapons are so powerful that even using these weapons could be considered cheating. You need a focused Mech config for that. Just experiment a little.
Demonslayer

Post by Demonslayer »

i know all the in and outs of mechwarrior2 mercs and all versions but not the files ive used pulse lasers and added alot of heat sinks but im talking about mechwarrior dos 1.06 im trying to make the cheat entries as easy as the titanium version and a engine editor so i can make my mechs go faster with using a mech that carries 4 arrows or 8 or a light 20 tonner with 2 lb20xs