max weight and starmates mod

General Mech2 related Developments go here. Discussions welcome!

Moderator: Skyfaller

Forum rules
If you are writing a guide please do not post it here! Post in the Dev FAQ section please.
deadlyseneschal
I.S. Baby

max weight and starmates mod

Post by deadlyseneschal »

lots of uncertainties here. not sure if i should post this in general discussion, or one of the mod boards, or what. not sure if something like this is completely unnecessary because of some other mod or in-game cheat. but here it is anyways in case it isnt and anybody cares.

i made a little mod thing that removes the weight limit and allows two starmates on every campaign mission except trials (couldnt figure those out). included in the download is skyfallers prjpp, cuz the mod uses it and bundling it is simpler. but if thats a problem for any reason - sorry in advance - ill just remove it.

in case anybody wonders, its called nokeshik because the keshik are the jerks that are always defining your max tonnage or picking your mech for you in trials.
Attachments
NOkeshik.zip
NOkeshik v0.x
(46.69 KiB) Downloaded 566 times
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: max weight and starmates mod

Post by Skyfaller »

Welcome to mech2.org!

No problem with posting mods, please feel free - we're happy to see new stuff. I think I'll move it to one of the mod sections though, which is where people would search for it. Otherwise, it would simply disappear between the other discussions on this forum. Please keep experimenting, and ask if you have any questions. Our docs section should hold the answers to most of the secrets about mech2. Modding Mech2 is supposed to fun!

Just for your information, you can achieve a similar effect if you run MW2 using MechVM's shell. But I absolutely do not want to discourage you from making mods.