So, I am bored... and w/e

General Mech2 related Developments go here. Discussions welcome!

Moderator: Skyfaller

Forum rules
If you are writing a guide please do not post it here! Post in the Dev FAQ section please.
Bastante
I.S. Baby

So, I am bored... and w/e

Postby Bastante » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Was hunting for a while and finally came across another one of the "Bugged Codes" in GBL that has the potential to be a horrible idea for a patch and should probably have been done safer [well, I wanted to fix the source of the error...] but wasn't. (Basically, I modify system memory... in a manner that should be "alright" [I'm using the provided pointer], but it is a great way to cause many many problems). Interestingly this fixed much more than I was hoping to fix (and introduced a few potential instant crashes [most occur if you go directly into mechlab then launch the simulation... launching the sim, exiting, then going into mechlab seems to work.])

[Aftermaths work, Changing Mechs on Dialog page works (in the way it should, that is), and no more waiting some time before entering mech lab].

Rewrote some code also a long time ago to allow a single variant... no idea what any of this really does so w/e. make a mess... see things explode. Eitherway... bored... gone... delete asap.
Attachments
MW2SHELL.zip
Probably is a bad idea to use...
(193.69 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Skyfaller
Clan 2nd MechWarrior
Clan 2nd MechWarrior

Re: So, I am bored... and w/e

Postby Skyfaller » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:41 am

Please explain a little more. What does your patch do, how does it do it, how did you produce the patch?
Download MechVM

If you have problems with MechVM, please attach the files MechVM.cfg and install-report.txt from the folder where MechVM installed your game.

Bastante
I.S. Baby

Postby Bastante » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:49 pm

It was produced with OllyDbg, it's an ASM rewrite that worked on the machine I wrote it on (windows XP), that fixed many of the issues that GBLWin had.

It's a direct DLL replacement and, in all honesty, I only released it because I was bored...

ash123
I.S. Mech Washer

Postby ash123 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:21 pm

There was a mod in mech2 mercs to increase the render distance, but i never got it working. you know anything about that?
Always up for a Netmech game, PM me.

Return to “Modding & Development”