I'm back :D

New or Old say hi!
Nitro
I.S. Baby

I'm back :D

Post by Nitro »

Whats up everybody? Its Nitro from kali and whatever other place you may know me. I came back to play MW2 - MW4 and maybe help you guys develop stuff (maybe...). I've been off learning Lua and making things with it.
Last edited by Nitro on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: I'm back :D

Post by Skyfaller »

Welcome.

I've never been much of an online player, so I wouldn't know you, but I coded MechVM and my mods gave me some insights into the various Mech engines. MW2 uses a lot of scripting and missions (worlds) were first described by text files, but these are compressed/compiled in the final game. MW3 is more or less hard-coded. MW4 also uses scripting, but I'm not sure of the language.

MechVM is written in C++, but it uses XML to describe the shell which in turn invokes the MW2 engine. I could use some help with MW2:Mercs shell scripting in MechVM's XML campaign files, but I would have to produce documentation for the campaign files.

If you want to make mods or write some code, let us know what you are interested in.

Have a nice time here
Skyfaller
Nitro
I.S. Baby

Re: I'm back :D

Post by Nitro »

Well, I don't know C++, or XML, but I can give it a shot. If MechWarrior 2 was coded simply, I may be able to help with little previous knowledge of the engine