Old School Is The New School

New or Old say hi!
Blinker
I.S. Baby

Old School Is The New School

Post by Blinker »

Hey guys

Great to be here! I originally played the greatest game of all time back in 1996 when we got a new PC and it came bundled with a Netcomm modem. I thought all my Christmases had come at once. What an amazing game.

I lent it to a friend sometime in 1998 and never got it back. Unfortunately, I never saw the guy again after around '99 and now it's gone forever. :cry:

I managed to get a copy from another buddy recently and have been playing it again after all these years. Wow. Shitty graphics aside, the gameplay is still the best. The female voice, the satellite view, the EVERYTHING!!! It never gets old.

I have never played online with Netmech but I'd really love to give it a crack so you'll probably see me asking how in a thread near you.

- Blinker

P.S. I never played GBL, Mercs, MW3, MW4 or any other MW game much at all. I have them all and I've given them a run but I was NEVER able to recapture the feelings of awesomeness I had when playing MW2 31CC. I might dig them all out, install them and see if I can get into them. Last night I was trying (unsuccessfully) to get through Blade Splint and I was trying to get away from the four Summoners and get to the dropship. I had sat view on and had taken that damage that blurs it occasionally. As I was watching the Summoner's missiles and PPC's streak around me (in sat view) it struck me that there's a good chance no game will EVER come close to the awesomeness that is MW2. Simply amazing.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Old School Is The New School

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Hey welcome Blinker!
Yah, check our netmech package out and you will be ready in seconds. :)
Give us a page on IRC to get a game started
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Blinker
I.S. Baby

Re: Old School Is The New School

Post by Blinker »

Thanks mate, as soon as I get my head around it all I'll join you.