An Old Friend

New or Old say hi!
Gnrsmith
I.S. Baby

An Old Friend

Post by Gnrsmith »

Aye! Sit down my young ones. Let me tell you a story of a Time Long Ago. It was a time of war. It was a time of Honor. Many had fallen!

Most of Clan Wolf had fallen on the Western front during an attack that was put together by Draconis Combine and the Kells. Jade falcon was pinned on the eastern front by House Marik of the FWL. There was the dire threat of Archon Killdare bringing House Steiner into the Southern March, along with his Mercs.

And then.... One Clan had been holding the southern line waiting for the right moment.

It was time!

From Kerensky's Stars came the Eighty, Beneath a banner of Truth and Righteous Light
To lift up those who had suffered and to smite down with fearful vengeance those who had ruled
In the name of Vanity or Greed. The thunder of their BattleMech's feet, the lightning
From their weapons, and the blood spilled in their name created the Clan Spirit, the forge upon which
We have fashioned ourselves to be the weapon of the resurrected Star League,
Honed to a razor's edge buy the Trials, By The Remembrance and by the
Words of our sire, our savior.

Then the order came, "Furl the sails. Ready for jump, mighty warriors.
We journey back, we journey home,
Carrying the flame of the Star League back to the hearth.
We face the ignorant who believe themselves civilized and strong,
But they will soon discover otherwise. We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

Sons and daughters of the blood legacy, Inspire me as I sing, Of the deaths dealt out on Tukayyid
And of what our warriors faced and bravely fought: Help me paint a portrait of an apocalypse.
But remember, warriors, we are the Clan. What fails to kill us only makes us stronger.
And when future sibkos learn of us, They will know the sixteenth year
As the Stacalkas-Nomen: The year The punishment of our enemies began

As the old warrior finishes his story and looks around the room he sees some Old Friends from battles past. And probally some New Friends from battles to come.

Patience Young ones!
Watch your six.
Watch your heat.

We will meet soon.

Khan Tofar
Nite Wing
Clan Mongoose*

* Of the Registry, The Killing Zone and Kali
MacLeod
I.S. Baby

Re: An Old Friend

Post by MacLeod »

Hail, your name sounds really familiar, its been well over a decade but what were some other names from your Clan back in the early Kali days of Mech2? Wasnt Knockmore your first Khan in Mongoose? my memory is really fuzzy and cant find any of the old macros from kali. Good to see someone who remembers the old days!
Krystov MacLeod
ilKhan
Clan Wolf
MW2 95'-98'
Registry/GC/TKZ
Gnrsmith
I.S. Baby

Post by Gnrsmith »

Aye MacLeod,

Knockmore and Gambit started Clan Mongoose in the Registry. Those were the days when in order to play netmech, you actually had to call your opponent long distance and fight 1V1. (those long distance bills hurt) Then along came Netmech and things were sweet! Soon Paul started the TKZ and MW2's glory days were born. Soon after we moved to TkZ, Sawk took over as Khan for a short period then I took over for the next 2-3 years.

Alas, MW3 killed almost all the leagues. MW3 took away heat, gravity, and all the things that made MW2 the king. (Geez! and everyone in MW3 wanted to play "unlimited ammo". So mw3 turned to quake in big armor suits. :(

A lot of the guys are still around. You just have to know where to find em. I think one of my biggest thrills playing MW2 was a certain leader of House Steiner that MG always seem to be fighting. He and I became good friends. We were talking one night and found out we only lived about 15 miles from each other!

Ahhh. But there is too many stories to tell. And many names. Kazywolf, Steel, Rook, Wardog, Killdare, Nittany, and on and on.

If there are any more Old Timers out there, post up people.

Khan Tofar
Nite Wing
Clan Mongoose
MacLeod
I.S. Baby

Post by MacLeod »

I recognize a lot of those names, lotta good times. Maybe if the new mechwarrior game actually takes off and does well we could see those days again. Used to love having mock wars with your clan back then. See you around!
Krystov MacLeod
ilKhan
Clan Wolf
MW2 95'-98'
Registry/GC/TKZ
MG_Avellar
I.S. Baby

Post by MG_Avellar »

I remember those days well....

Major General Mitchell Avellar (MG_Avellar) here. Ex-president of the Inner-Sphere alliance. Oh the thousands of emails I sent out organizing battles. The final one I remember was a monster 24 hour affair involving dozens of mechwarriors from half a dozen or so different clans and houses.

What a blast!

I was just sending an email to general@piranha-games.com to see if we can get an update on where they are with sorting out the legal issues with Mechwarrior5. Remembered Knockmore's name and decided to google it, and found you guys here :)

Anyone heard anything more recent than the 2009 info piranha/smith & tinker shared regarding the legal issues? Isn't it amazing that they are STILL getting half-way in to making new versions of this game and running in to those issues!?! Wow, you would think that 20 years later, they would have finally settled that nonsense.
Knockmore
I.S. Baby

Post by Knockmore »

Had a little time to kill on the puter and found this... Wow....

Congrats Khan Tofar, It has been a long time.
I remember the days of running the Registry and the TKZ. Houndreds of emails a day. (that part I don't miss)
Sawk was a good officer, which is why I passed on the title of Khan to him when I Moved on with my mundane life (married with 4 kids)
Would have been nice in the days of old to have the connections that we take for granted today. As you all remember leading the mech you were fighting by one or two mech lengths for targeting.

If mech 5 comes out, I may get back into playing again. Maybe some of the old salts would rear there ungly heads once again. just for old time sakes. ;)

I noticed the postings are quite far and few between, so if anyone would like to shoot me an email to say hi I will leave my address.

Khan Knockmore
Clan Mongoos
Knockmore at izoom.net