Yog is here

New or Old say hi!
YogSolthan
I.S. Mech Washer

Yog is here

Post by YogSolthan »

Hello everybody,
As most of you, I'm a fan of the MW series with a little preference for MW3. I've not played any of these games for a long time since I'm most interested in creating 3D models than playing now.
I discovered this forum thanks to Skyfaller who wrote some messages at the Mechwarrior3 community forums.

PS: sorry for my bad english, I'm from France and don't practise a lot. When I make a mistake, do not hesitate to correct it.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Yog is here

Post by Skyfaller »

Welcome to mech2.org!

Is there anything we can help you with?

You must be referring to this thread:
http://www.mechwarrior3.org/wforum/view ... 2461#42461
YogSolthan
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by YogSolthan »

Thank you.
I suscribed here to propose my models for your MechVM project. I will be happy if they can help.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

YogSolthan wrote:Thank you.
I suscribed here to propose my models for your MechVM project. I will be happy if they can help.
That would be most welcome. We have a forum for making Mech art here:
viewforum.php?f=30

In essence, there are two types of mechs to make. The first are very low-poly, 100-200 polygons, for inclusion into the MW2 simulation. The other are mechs for MechVM, though I don't know if I will ever get to a point where I will have my own sim to render the mechs. Mechs for MechVM may use more than 1000 polygons, but I have not made mechs with more than around 3500 polygons total. There is a long list of mechs that could be made, and with some clever modeling, we can create models at several levels of detail.

I think some of the more important mechs to make would include - Clan:
- Koshi
- Turkina
- Grendel
- Nobori-Nin
- Cougar
- Hankyu

Inner Sphere:
- Grasshopper
- Banshee
- Imp
- King Crab

Mechs from this thread are also interesting, except:
- Hauptmann, Kraken, Viper, Kingfisher and others: I am already working on it
- Archer, Warhammer and others: already contributed by Whammy
- Jenner, Raven, Flashman, Firemoth, Kit Fox, Stone Rhino, Kodiak, Dragon, Loki, Grizzly and many more: already included in MW2

So just let me know what you're interested in. If you post the models under a Creative Commons license, other projects might be able to use them.