Been about 15 years

New or Old say hi!
DeeJayX
I.S. Baby

Been about 15 years

Post by DeeJayX »

Since I first started playing NetMech DOS on my old Pentium 90 rig...using Kali95 on a killer 14.4kpbs dialup connection to Earthlink. :P

Came across this site when someone had posted something about MW4 in my current clans forums...and it sent me on a search for MW2 stuff, where I found some of the interesting videos posted from you Mech2.org guys. So I ofcourse had to check this out.

Anyone from the GrandCouncil still around? Unfortunately the only name that looks vaguely familiar on here that I recognize is Cyril. LMAO. I think I've still got some excerpts taken from Kali95 WAYYY back. Anyways...some names I remember from back then...RabidEwok, Pyromaniac, Blitz, WMAN, Blue (I think he led the GC at one point) and JadeWolf...anyone? :P This place is awesome tho, glad to see theres still a Mech community! Quite a few good years were spent playing the game...

Names Lawrence. I'm 28 now. Started when I was around 13/14...approx 15 years ago. :P I remember getting MW2 and being awestruck.

Used to go by (in order): DJ Fossy-G, DeeJayFoss and then DeeJayX4evr...before I quit the whole Kali scene and moved on to Quake2 then Quake3Arena / Rocket Arena mod. Where I've just been DeeJayX or Ryde (I've since dropped using ryde bout 7 years ago). Now playing CoD4 after about a 2+ year stint with BF2.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Been about 15 years

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Hey Welcome DeeJayX, glad to see another good player join the ranks again. :)
Well, pretty much there are a few from the GC around, but not active. (ok besides Cyril)
Wetback who was the owner of badkarma and the GC you probably could contact if you looked through the member list though.
Blue comes by once in a blue moon. (no pun intended)

Come by IRC if you get a chance ya might find someone ya never know.
(I am inactive there currently due to various things going on atm otherwise I would be there to greet ya)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

15 years? I thought MW2 was only around since 1995 :P j/k! I myself have been playing offline-only for about.. 13 years. Yeah, I'll give you this, 3 years old is what I guess you'd call young to start playing ;)
You play xbox 360? I play CoD4 sometimes, mostly Gears 2 and Rockband 2 now. And then Cyril and Hank are both Xbox 360 owners and XBL members as well.

So you like mods I guess? Quake is okay I suppose. But wouldn't you like some mods for the greatest game of the mid 90's? (i.e., MW2) I got a whole slew of stuff. Custom maps, new campaign missions, never-before-seen-mechs, fly a dropship or drive a tank! The list goes on. You can get some of my mods here: viewforum.php?f=28

Hope to see you around here :)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
BerserkeR
I.S. Baby

Post by BerserkeR »

Deejay, I remember you, I played in GC a lil bit, but I loved lev3 rules and was mostly TKZ. Our stories are similar too im 29 and started in 95-96 or so, had 140k kali serial.
Spider
I.S. Baby

Post by Spider »

Holy Crap i cant believe a forum has finally rose from the ashes of a dead Warhammer after being DFA by an ele with 0 grav! I am so happy to see that some old school gamers with class still exist online! When i started playing Netmech i was 12 years old. I was just a punk kid playing on Kali in the TKZ league. I was first apart of Clan Pendragon and after awhile made the move over to Clan Mongoose. I did play GC alot as well just cause i liked the point system and didnt have to wait for drop nights to play when it mattered. I was Khan of Steelviper of CG for awhile but sadly Netmech died off not long after the release of MW3. Ahhh those were the days of great gaming. Now i pretty much only play WoW since im much older now and dont really have alot of time to play other games. Anyways glad to see this forum is around and Ill be dropping more often now to check things.

(PEN/MG)-Spider*Mac*
(PEN)Spider
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Welcome Spider, glad you found the forum!
There are other Pendragon's here Stealth.
You can find him randomly on irc.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Spider
I.S. Baby

Post by Spider »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:Welcome Spider, glad you found the forum!
There are other Pendragon's here Stealth.
You can find him randomly on irc.
Ahh yeah i remember Stealth...me and him go wayyyy back. Good times i dont think we ever lost a match with us teamed together. What is the irc channel for netmech? Might be a dumb question but im just now finding this place =p
(PEN)Spider
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

IRC is included in the netmech package.
If you want to use another client though its irc.outpostuniverse.net and channel #netmech.