There are some games you just can't forget about...

New or Old say hi!
sejanus
I.S. Baby

There are some games you just can't forget about...

Post by sejanus »

Greetings everyone,

You might calle me a bit of a returning fan. Several years ago, and computers ago, I was introduced to this work of art (MW2: 31st CC WIN95). Since then, it has found its way very high up a relatively long list of my favorite games ever. Sadly enough, I all but forgot about it several years ago when I got rid of my last WIN98 pc and picked up what is now my current machine, Compaq Prescario R3000 Laptop (since it was bought in late 2004, I'm assuming that it is running XP SP1). Just last weekend, I was weeding out old games that I hadn't played in ages, and stumbled upon this one; not yet willing to part with it, I tried it out and found it wasn't compatible with WIN XP. Reluctantly, I threw it away, not without a few solem farewells. The next day, while doing homework, I figured, why not see if there is any way someone figured out how to play this game on XP and decided to share their discovery with the rest of the world. Sure enough, I found the video on Youtube, grabbed the CD out of the garbage, installed it and now I can play the game almost 100%. Having read through most of the topics listed in this site, I don't believe that I have found any situations exactly similar to my own problem with the game, the problem is minor in it's nature but a serious hinderance to the enjoyability of the game as a whole. Anytime I try to customize any Mech in the game, everyting works fine until I click "accept mech" and try to play it. I end up with an error message, "Mech exceeds Keshisk Defined Maximum Tonnage for Mission"....This happens regardles of the fact that I might be playing a campaign game allowing 65tons and the mech only weighs 60. My customizations don't exceed the max capacity for the given mech and sometimes go under this number but I always end up having to choose one of the premade variants instead of my own. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your consideration.
"Purpose is but the slave to memory; of violent birth but poor validity which now, like fruit unripe, sticks on the tree, but fall unshaken when they mellow be." -Shakespeare
Hank
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Re: There are some games you just can't forget about...

Post by Hank »

Welcome to the site! btw, are you the one that i sent a message to?

but anyway, WELCOME!
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

and great you kept your disk! Its an incredible game.

Great too that you found our site, we have a quick and helpful tech support section for any trouble you may encounter, or you can come by the Downloads section for patches and add-ons or by Kell's Workshop for great packages of never-before-made map mods and custom mechs!

Hope you enjoy your stay :)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

hey welcome to the site!
However, that problem that you describe is the 2nd most common problem.
You need to use slug's patch shell dll to fix it. it will be fine after that. (Post a thread in tech support and I will give details)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:that problem that you describe is the 2nd most common problem.
whats the number 1 most common problem?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

That it does not work at all. lol (read: it immediately exits after launch)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

oh, duh! forgot xD