*trumpets* Glamdring is here!

New or Old say hi!
Glamdring
I.S. Baby

*trumpets* Glamdring is here!

Post by Glamdring »

It's ok, calm down everybody, Glamdring is here. I can only imagine the decade of teeth gnashing and desperate prayers for the swift return of Mighty Glamdring that my absence has caused. Be at ease mortals. Perhaps once again soon your screens will be filled with the white hot lances of focused light that you are unsuccessfully dodging. Just don't expect to much right away, it has been almost a decade, and I'm only a demi god (of C1 asskicking).
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Re: *trumpets* Glamdring is here!

Post by Col.Kell »

You gotta netmech history, Glamdring? You seem to think you're somethin'.

...any who, welcome back to the mech world. :)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

*Tries hard to remember*
Is this Lithium? I recognize glam for some reason, why I cannot remember....
Welcome back anyway, though your bravado is defenitely asking to be answered with a 1vs1 fight. :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Glamdring
I.S. Baby

Post by Glamdring »

Col.Kell wrote:You gotta netmech history, Glamdring? You seem to think you're somethin'.

...any who, welcome back to the mech world. :)
I am honestly insulted..... of course I have a netmech history. The bravado is all in fun, but in my defense I wasn't to shabby in my day.

(Combined by admin)
Sir MMPD Radick wrote:*Tries hard to remember*
Is this Lithium? I recognize glam for some reason, why I cannot remember....
Welcome back anyway, though your bravado is defenitely asking to be answered with a 1vs1 fight. :)

No, I'm not Lithium, but I was all over Mplayer almost every day from 96ish to the end of 99. I used to be pretty good. I did time in a few different clans under a few different names. Started out in Grey Bear as Napoleon, then WP as SolarWind "gay in retrospect I know", and I finally started my own clan (STR), started calling myself Glamdring and we joined the NSL. STR was disbanded when I joined the navy and was off to see the world. Soo.... I pretty much havn't played since then. No doubt the mind blowing C1 skills have atrophied a little. hehe. Just keep in mind that the bravado is all in fun. I lay it on pretty thick because I think it's funny. There was a time though, when it was mostly accurate hehe.
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
Thomas Jefferson
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

hehe yah I know you are acting, but I do remember that much of the past as well, but STR I only remember vaguely.
I never really talked to you back in 99', but I did face you a few times in battle anyway.
(I lost if I recall right, but then again I lost most of my battles)

The reason why I thought you were lithium was because he acts in a similar way when archon is around.

Anyway I look forward to seeing you on IRC, and as always the battlefield that is netmech. :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Glamdring
I.S. Baby

Post by Glamdring »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:hehe yah I know you are acting, but I do remember that much of the past as well, but STR I only remember vaguely.
I never really talked to you back in 99', but I did face you a few times in battle anyway.
(I lost if I recall right, but then again I lost most of my battles)

The reason why I thought you were lithium was because he acts in a similar way when archon is around.

Anyway I look forward to seeing you on IRC, and as always the battlefield that is netmech. :)

I sorta remember you too Radick. Yah we weren't pals or anything, but there are alot of names here that I vaguely recognize, and some that I know instantly. I was reading the lists people made in another thread of the best players they remember. I know there were a few on those lists who I remember being able to beat regularly, but more were names that I knew were better than me. The list of people that owned me was pretty short, maybe 5 people. The list of people who could beat me most of the time, but not all of the time was a little longer, maybe 15 people. If there was a top 20 list, I would probably be on it. I spent way to much of my life back then playing mech2 on Mplayer, and 95% of the time I played C1. I felt like in C1 every kill was earned, and there were no freebies.

I remember Archon was in STR for a while. He wasn't that good back then, but he was a good guy, and he was usefull for alot of other crap. I could delegate responsibility to him, and it would get done. After I left for the navy, I remember coming back maybe a year later for a couple days just to check it out and see what was going on. I ran into Archon then, and we had a little skirmish. He had improved ALOT by then. I know that I had definately lost some skill from a year of not playing, but I'm pretty sure Archon had improved quite a bit. I can't remember if he beat me then, but I'd say probably hehe.
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
Thomas Jefferson
Archon
House Liao Private for Life

Post by Archon »

uh oh glam is here
Glamdring
I.S. Baby

Post by Glamdring »

Archon wrote:uh oh glam is here
Damn right uh oh. Best recognize punk. hehe
Thomas Jefferson
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

ah man
you were part of GB?

GB was the main reason Clan Wolf left mplayer, in the days of the MCL
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Glamdring
I.S. Baby

Post by Glamdring »

Pepsi-Wolf wrote:ah man
you were part of GB?

GB was the main reason Clan Wolf left mplayer, in the days of the MCL
Are we talking about Grey Bear under Skystalker? Or are we talking about Ghost Bear? I think somebody made a Ghost Bear clan in some league on Mplayer for a while. I assume you are talking about Grey Bear though, because (and I'm not sure) I think Grey Bear was in the MCL. But maybe later there was a Ghost Bear in the MCL too I dunno. If I remember correctly, I left Grey Bear a month or two before they all made the move over to mech3 on the MSN Zone. I didn't really follow MCL or any of that after I left Grey Bear. And I don't remember any controversy at that time. In fact, I don't remember ever meeting anybody who didn't like Skystalker. He was a cool guy. There was another clan that I was part of for a while too. Dragon something, or something Dragon. I think the Khan was a guy named SteelClaw. He was kinda a weenie lol. Anybody remember Steelclaw?
Thomas Jefferson