Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

New or Old say hi!
Sapphire Wolf

Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

This is where you Introduce or Reintroduce yourself.
Anywho, one again all of you at mektek already know that I am TwentyMextySix. I am currently 18 years old(gonna be 19 in March 14th), I am a male, I live in Southern California, my favorite clan is obviously Wolf(I learned that the clans' use of contractions is forbidden from the Battletech wiki XD), My MW2 mech of choice will be the Marauder IIC. I gotten into mecha when I first played Mechwarrior 2(but I do not have netmech back(1990s) then when I was like 6 years old neither I do not have internet connection for my computer back then(1990s)). And I know, stay away from the 3dfx conversion(and I know, get the pentium edition from sites like amazon or ebay).
That is all for now.

P.S. if you added a forum that is the good home for this topic, go ahead and move it there.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

LOL, I almost did that, I will do that tommarow.

Sorry about the loss of posts, I will backup this time!!!!!!!!

Alright my reintroduction again I guess would be this.

21, male, April 12th, Northern California.
Favorite Clan: Clan Wolf or Jade Wolf
Mech of Choice: Stormcrow
I started playing mech2 in 1998 Feburary, bit late but I had no idea that 3d games existed on the computer until then.
A friend of mine showed me it and i have been hooked since.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Repomancer
I.S. Baby

Post by Repomancer »

Hello, all. I came up with the original concept for Mech 2, and I was the lead and senior programmer. I wrote the engine, all the tools, and did some of the sounds and art; this is all backed up by my online credit. The saga of its creation is a long, weird, and bloody one; someday I'll finish writing my memoirs. (I'll post links to what I've got written so far.) I am still in touch with many people on the team, though everyone has been scattered to the winds. I can probably answer any technical or historical questions about it -- although it has been a looong time. It's great to see people still remember it well.

Making the thing was at different times the worst and best job in the world.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

Repomancer wrote:Hello, all. I came up with the original concept for Mech 2, and I was the lead and senior programmer. I wrote the engine, all the tools, and did some of the sounds and art; this is all backed up by my online credit. The saga of its creation is a long, weird, and bloody one; someday I'll finish writing my memoirs. (I'll post links to what I've got written so far.) I am still in touch with many people on the team, though everyone has been scattered to the winds. I can probably answer any technical or historical questions about it -- although it has been a looong time. It's great to see people still remember it well.

Making the thing was at different times the worst and best job in the world.

fanboy{

no other game has ever came close for me, and i think alot of people, to matching the replay ability, the need of finesse, as what was was done with mech2. there is just nothing that comes close
}

i'd love to read what ya have so far...if you were to post what you ahve so far,,,i could spread the word to other mech sites, and might get some much needed traffic.

so not only would we love to read it, but it could help out the fourms to lets people know that they are back up.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

Hi,

I'm Pepsi-Wolf Ward and I am a Mech-a-holic.

My Mech career started back in 95 when my dad bought me mw2, mw2:gbl for christmas. In April of 98, I found a online gaming community called Mplayer.com -- which dragged me into the Battletech universe.

The First clan I ever joined was Clan Wolf (CW).
My service record on mplayer as follows in order: Clan Wolf, Royal Black Watch(RBW),Konad's Bulldogs (KB), Clan Wolf (revived), Silent Dragons (SD), Blood Spirit (BS), Warden Wolves(WW), and finally with Jade Wolves(JW).

Currently now I play a lot of Half-Life and Half-Life 2 mods, Call of Duty 4, Astroempires.

I love the mech2 community a lot. It was the game to bring me into the online gaming experience.
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Shambles
I.S. Baby

Post by Shambles »

My name is Shambles, and I am one of the few, the proud, the female Mechwarriors.

23, WA state, November 2.

I first played Mechwarrior 2 in 1995 or 1996, I forget which. When I was introduced to online play, I joined Clan Coyote. Since then I have bounced from unit to unit, took a large hiatus from Mechwarrior 3, and came back for Mechwarrior 4 and Mechwarrior 4 Mercs. I do currently still play in the last one, though I am of House Steiner now.

I miss the Clan life. Their concepts were just... much greater. And every day I hope that a new Mechwarrior game will come out on PC, and that we will be able to play as the Clans again.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

welcome shambles, great to have ya stop by!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
PredatorMech
I.S. Baby

Post by PredatorMech »

hails old and new mechwarriors mpigy 4 life!!! lol

i wonder how many dfaers are here lol

oh man the good ol days befor miroshaft.

my unit list were form 95 to now BP,JW,DR,WW,ICE,SLDF,FM,DOD,WiE
boodname of ward
mostly played on mpig with mmpd and many ofthers that are true legends of mechwarrior hehe
glad to see this game keeping up with the joke they call mech4 merc and glad to see so many pepole keeping the spirt alive go get em guys hails! hope to play with all of you guys and gals agian Predmech out.....
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

ha! predmech! i remember that name :D
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

BlueOrb
I.S. Baby

Post by BlueOrb »

Hi Gang,
Havent been active for a while but i do like to keep up on all things mech.....nice to see this is back on. listening to mech2 mp4s atm lol. Later BlueOrb