Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

New or Old say hi!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Heya welcome! Yeah the single players great for mercs alot of fun!
Now regarding multi you can get info here, but we aint too active anymore sadly...
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by navbuoy »

Man, seems like yesterday when I was playing MW2 on DosBox for the first time...finally getting around to Mercs now and I like it. The patch takes a bit of tweaking (really glitchy during the training missions) but once I got into the actual campaigns/contract missions it worked quite well (only in 320*240 resolution and with all my Nvidia settings turned off).

No real point even setting anit-aliasing at that resolution but I like the old-school look. :)

This seriously tugs at my modding strings. Thanks for keeping the patch available and this forum.
VLunarFangV
I.S. Baby

Post by VLunarFangV »

Hello, I'm back from last time I visited some years ago under the name Sir Fairfang (I think...). I came here interested in playing MechWarrior 2 again on my XP and hung around a bit hoping this place would have a fair number of people on board and in its NetMech games. I was disappointed to say the least. I'm not happy to see how the community faded out over the years, too.

I've come back recently with an interest in trying to create a MechWarrior 2 like game on the Unity engine. When I found out that Skyfaller had an interest (though he has not posted in some time) I was eager to sign in on my old (now deactivated) account. That worked out well.

So here I am.
EventHorizon
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by EventHorizon »

Hi VLunar, we are going to try to get people together for a big mech game sometime this year. Stay tuned if your interested.
VLunarFangV
I.S. Baby

Post by VLunarFangV »

EventHorizon wrote:Hi VLunar, we are going to try to get people together for a big mech game sometime this year. Stay tuned if your interested.
Sounds awesome! When is it?
EventHorizon
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by EventHorizon »

We don't have a definite date right now, I am really just putting feelers out to see how many people are interested
Striker
House Steiner Private First Class
House Steiner Private First Class

Post by Striker »

Good day. It has been some years since I have checked in to the old Mechwarrior 2 community--possibly close to a decade now if I would hazard a guess. Went by my handle Striker when I first started, or Rocket_Bird later, though I don't recall if I ever created an account on this forum. In any case, it's good seeing some old names here (reminesence of some Netmech/Mercnet games on Kali among other places) even if things has been slow on the posting side.

Finally discovered this MechVM gem not too long ago, popped my old discs in, and was pleasantly surprised I can run MW2/GBL/MERCS on my Windows 8.1 laptop, without the jumpjet issue even. What a joy it is to get back into this.

I would be eager to get some Netmech or Mercnet going at some point if anyone is still playing. Even fire up a game on some Friday night. In any case, greetings all.
rope612
I.S. Baby

Post by rope612 »

Wtf...
JimmyJ
I.S. Baby

Post by JimmyJ »

I'm still alive. Will be back in irc and whatnot again.
morrow
I.S. Baby

Post by morrow »

Howdy.
I finally registered on mech2.org after 18 months of using it as a resource for all things mechwarrior 2 related.
Last weeks short website outage got me worried enough to finally register here :D .
The mechwarrior 2 series is pretty fantastic and I've got lots of fond memories playing MW2:31st, GBL & mw2 mercs.
The various guides, patch download links and Netmech(!) IRC relay on this site allowed me to replay all 3 mechwarrior 2 games.
thank you for running this site.