Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

New or Old say hi!
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Re: Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by Col.Kell »

MG_Man wrote:according to your info on the FEFF tag, that it is possible to add extra mechs without replacing old ones?
That is correct. The benifet of the FE FF tag, is that the game can use BWD files (you know, mechs, worlds... everything you see in-game) outside the MW2.PRJ file. In other words, yes, you can keep adding and adding stuff to play with.

Check out the dev sections some more if you're interested! And if you are interested in modding mechs or levels but need help, do not hesitate to Private Message me. I'll help. :)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
KSerge
I.S. Baby

Post by KSerge »

Greetings Mech2.org. Just joined today after using many of your resources to get my Win95 Mech2 install to work. Thanks for that by the way, I had an itch for a mechwarrior game that only the original could scratch!

I suppose I'm what you would consider a "casual" mechwarrior, I haven't played any multiplayer at all, and I'm not entirely versed in the lore of the battletech universe. I will say however that Mechwarrior 2: 31st century combat was my first 3D game ever, and I never got sick of playing it.

That said, thanks for keeping the classic mechwarrior love alive! :mrgreen:
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Hey welcome KSerge!
If you need any help please feel free to ask!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Hegemon Chistu
I.S. Baby

Post by Hegemon Chistu »

Hello Everyone. Just wanted to take a min and introduce myself.

I'm Hegemon, I played Netmech for a long time, all during the glory days of the game on Kali.

I played in Grand Council and the Registry and a few other IS vs Clan leagues that sprouted up after it kinda puked.

I've been a Hell Horse in GC as well as a Falcon. I was also with the Draconis Combine Mustard Soldiary & the Falcons that left the GC to go fight the Inner Sphere for actual conquest :D

Lots of fun back in the days!

I remember when we first DL'd the Mechwarrior demo, it was one of the defense missions of a fire base, with no mech lab. I think I played that thing to death! As well as Mech2 when it came out and Netmech.

I'll be checking in a bunch because I want to get MW2 going again on my comp and I would LOVE to get Netmech working well and fighting in the ice cave again!
Archon
House Liao Private for Life

Post by Archon »

another Chistu ftw!
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

damn you Chistu's are multiplying...
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Better than Radick's multiplying we are firecrackers waiting to go off when placed in groups. (Ok Ok The Battletech stereotype dictates we are hot heads all the time)

btw welcome Hegemon :)
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Pepsi-Wolf
House Steiner Hauptmann
House Steiner Hauptmann

Post by Pepsi-Wolf »

too bad the Radicks have a stain in their history:

http://ppc.warhawkenterprises.com/thecl ... adick.html
An ardent Crusader, Marialle helped engineer the downfall of Ulric Kerensky, and was expected to become saKhan of Clan Jade Wolf.
Although, I'm also sure Vlad Ward was a part of that plot
Pepsi-Wolf Ward
Ego homini Lupus

Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

why do you think I said hot headed?
Every Radick pictured in Battletech goes off on some crusade and makes a big mistake dooming the wolves practically without exception.
battista
I.S. Baby

Post by battista »

Hi all, after many failed attempts at installing mechwarrior 2: mercenaries, I came upon this site and as we speak am in the process of following the guide to hopefully get it up and running (on vista, oh how I hate vista). Right now I'm suffering through a painfully slow process with CloneCD and hoping that's normal but it's been a hour and only 24% through. When that's complete I'm hoping the rest of the process is simple. It's been a frustrating week trying to get this game back up and running!