Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

New or Old say hi!
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Re: Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by Col.Kell »

Great to see you found our site, Omar! :)

And listen, I know completely how you felt about not being able to install such an old game, I've been there myself... just... looking at the cd... touching it... feeling it... the fun is just traped there and you can't find a way to get it out... :lol:

Hope you enjoy your stay here! ;)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Madrak
I.S. Baby

Post by Madrak »

Hi. I just registered on a whim,

And now, a brief essay.

Mechwarrior is much like the tide. Sometime it flows over you and pulls you under, forcing you to want to replay the old classics as your lungs fill up and your brain starts to short.

I recently got all three of my DOS Mechwarrior 2 Games (31st Century Combat, GBL, Mercs) working under Windows XP. Before that I got MW2 and Mercs working under DosBox on my Macintosh. Unfortunately getting these games running on newer hardware / OSs is kind of a game on its own, and often I will play a few levels then move on to something else.

I'm hoping that this time I can make it a bit further. For instance I never did finish GBL, would be nice to finish it this time around.

I am hoping, but the allure of trying to get the Win95 and Titanium version working under Windows XP is strong, I may not be able to resist it. And then there is MW3, I never finished it either...

Alas, most of the older games I own are all unfinished but I do break them out now and again. Thank GOD I don't have to remember how to use a DOS Expanded Memory Manager to make most of these work now.

Thanks for listening.

-Madrak
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Welcome, Madrak to mech2.org!

As much as I love it, I will have to admit the mechwarriors are much like what you discribed; they are like a tide. Either letting you sail your own way or draging you under. :)
ah... the memories of that...

hope you enjoy your stay!
InfraredCentipede
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by InfraredCentipede »

Welcome Madrak. I think you will enjoy it here.
InfraredCentipede | Clan Steel Viper
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Welcome Madrak!
Just in case you have not seen there is a free and presetup netmech package in our download section.
I think you might enjoy it in being able to play online as well. We setup games through IRC.
Come join us if ya want some fun we don't bite. :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Cptultor
I.S. Baby

Post by Cptultor »

Well hello there, i only got into mechwarrior about 3 years ago, yeah seems a bit late seeing as ALL of the games had pretty much died by then, but i find that all the mechwarrior games have a certain charm about them that definately lack in practically ALL other games, especially mechwarrior 2 even though the graphics are a little to be desired to me it's a diamond amongst a pile of coal, frankly Mechwarrior 3 was okay if not Buggy and Mechwarrior 4 had too much of an arcade feel to it.
nothing quite beats playing Mechwarrior 2 even though to tell you the truth i havent actually completed it yet or played online before, i'd like to give it a go though :)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Welcome Cptultor, hope you enjoy your stay!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

Cptultor wrote:... frankly Mechwarrior 3 was okay if not Buggy and Mechwarrior 4 had too much of an arcade feel to it.
nothing quite beats playing Mechwarrior 2 ...
I'll take sides with you there, Cptultor. I too have played MW3 and it just doesn't have that same whateveritis that makes me keep coming back to MW2. :)
BTW, I think I've meet you already on IRC? I we played a 4 player game, you, me, npsbre, and JimmyJ on the 20th...

Oh, and nice avatar. Did you get that off of ppc.warhawkenterprises.com? ;)
pr0gguitarn3rd
I.S. Baby

Post by pr0gguitarn3rd »

Hey all. I'm (obviously) new to this forum. I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I joined up here, because I'm planning on doing a speedrun of Mechwarrior 2, and I wanted some feedback and hopefully to get some questions answered, which I will be posting as time progresses.

I remember my buddy's parents bought the game the day it came out for his birthday, and I went over his house to play it. I was a kid at the time, i forget how old or the year it (mech2) was released. Anyways, we both took turns on deaths and beat the game after a few days of playing and getting used to it. been a while since I played mech2, but I can't wait to get a nice speedrun of this awesome game!
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Welcome to mech2.org!

Nice to hear you have such nice memories of MW2. I'm looking forward to seeing your speed runs!