Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

New or Old say hi!
Cannibal
I.S. Baby

Re: Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by Cannibal »

Howdy all, I'm a long time player of BT/MW and just recently discovered MechVW (Awesome prg! Thx SkyFaller), and this site. I am hoping start playing some net games again, I've been overdue for some mechanized mayhem.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

hey welcome!

Come join us for some friday matches!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Cannibal
I.S. Baby

Post by Cannibal »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:hey welcome!

Come join us for some friday matches!
Friday nite mech fights huh? I just scanned the info on them. Sounds like a blast. Nothing like throwing back a couple brews and mechanized mayhem for getting rid of aggression pent up over the week. If more people played MW there would be less folks goin' postal. One question, Im running the Titanium version, do you have to have the DOS version to play without Kali? It's been so long I am having to re-learn most of this. Thanks

c
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Titanium we do not use.
You would need to install the netmech dos install that we use on the site.

Pretty much just run the installer then go to the IRC chat on fridays 5 PM PST and you should be able to find a few matches.
It does not use Kali. We use our own IPX emulation server for the games, so there is no worry over configuring kali.

Anyway, it t is nothing huge but it is fun to do when we get a decent group together. :)
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Cannibal
I.S. Baby

Post by Cannibal »

Cool, Ill check it out. Hopefully I have DOS box configured properly. The Netmech & DOS-Box installation setup y'all made is pretty handy, but I didnt see any mention of D-fend on the forum. Its a windows based game loader for DOS box, you should check it out.

c
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

DOSBOX is preconfigured out of the box with the installer, so don't worry it will work. :)

Yeah I have heard of dfend actually, but i think the way we have it now is plenty fine for just getting it running.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

Cannibal wrote:Howdy all, I'm a long time player of BT/MW and just recently discovered MechVW (Awesome prg! Thx SkyFaller), and this site. I am hoping start playing some net games again, I've been overdue for some mechanized mayhem.

if you play BT, you should check out megamek.info
it's battletech on the computer.
NM1999
I.S. Baby

Post by NM1999 »

K, might as well do this:

Name: NM1999
Favored Clan: Clan Wolf

I have played many kinds of games all my life, but the game that sparked my intrest in mechs, was Mechwarrior. When i found this game, i was instantly hooked.

And thats pretty much it!
"Your blood will be shed no matter how, or how much your sorry hide pleas to me". NM1999
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

well welcome aboard! come join us for some matches on saturday 5 PM PST :)
Ranger
I.S. Baby

Post by Ranger »

Hi all! Brand new here...didn't feel I deserved my own thread so I figured I'd just post in here. I'm also relatively new to MechWarrior...I played MW2: Mercenaries as a kid, and have been revisiting it after finding my CD which I once thought lost forever. I never played online, but once I start getting the hang of 'Mech combat again I might be interested. (On that note, I'm looking for some info on where to get started with that.) It's been a long, long time since I've played any MW game, but now that I've got Mercs up and running with MechVM, I can't put it down! Maybe I'll see some of you online some time soon :)