Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

New or Old say hi!
Destri
I.S. Baby

Re: Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by Destri »

Hi everyone. I first became obsessed with Mechwarrior back when I was about 7 or 8 (around about 1996) and used to play 2 all the time with my friends until I finally got my own copy later on, which I played on and off into my teen years (as well as subsequent games). It's been a few years now since I've played and I'm starting to get back into it (found my old copy of 2 last night and patched it onto my current PC). The main thing I was wondering about is Netmech. I've heard rumors over the web about how some people still play this, so I figured I'd try to check the rumors out for myself. I haven't had the chance to dig through the forum archives to look for information pertaining to this quite yet, but I'll do it shortly after playing another mission :D
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Heya Destri, welcome!

Um, yeah there are a few of us who play on occasion. You can download the netmech client here.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

@Destri

we hang out on the IRC channel, so if you get netmech installed and want a game, your gonna need to come on IRC.
mcjagermech
I.S. Baby

Post by mcjagermech »

hello guys, its great to see people still play this classic game : D
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

hey mcjagermech welcome! :)
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
mcjagermech
I.S. Baby

Post by mcjagermech »

*SJ*TyR
I.S. Baby

Post by *SJ*TyR »

BlueOrb wrote:listening to mech2 mp4s atm lol.
I like to listen to the GBL soundtrack when driving through snow storms.
xena
I.S. Baby

Post by xena »

Hello guys. Old dudes and young :)

I started playing this offline around 1997 when I was about 21 years old in college (I am 36 now). Internet was still very young, and being in college meant we had access to a free dial-up account. 28.8k modem. On lucky times we would get 33k -52k.

I used to have a small clan [XA] Xena's Army. I assumed another name as well because I was another clan member. Honestly, I forgot my name in that clan.
But I still remember is was [CCC] Clan Cloud Cobra.

I had the pleasure of playing with the greatest players back in the DOS and below 56k modem days. I remember to 2 second delays playing with this kid from Australia.

I would play MW2 Mercenaries in Netmech DOS from night til dawn. I'm based here in Chicago.

Fun times. MW3 killed the series and the bonds I had with my friends. Sometimes the netmech main chat screen just became a CHATROOM ! It was a lot of fun just talking with other players.
There would be 15-30 players online at night. Sometimes we spent so much chatting than actually playing!

There were rumors I was a guy. LOL, that's true. Sorry, I'm a huge xena fan as well as a MW2 Mercs Fan. I'm a guy. Anyway, there will always be those players that I respected the most. I still remember your favorite moves and weapons.

Guys, I hope we can all reunite. I didn't even know this forum existed. My friend in Facebook posted on his wall about a new Mechwarrior game coming, so here I am now!

MW2 Mercs in DOS...the best!!!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

<S> xena,

Welcome aboard! Well, your more than welcome to drop by our humble irc chat. Games sadly are really scarce these days but we do get some once in a while.
As you said it mostly turned into a chat room. Not many of us are left, but it is always fun being along side friends!

Come join us anytime!
TypewriterJason
I.S. Baby

Post by TypewriterJason »

Hey All,

Mechwarrior fan from way back. Got in through the paper-and-pen RPG, then the TV cartoon, then Mech 2, and then the books. Lots of ways to get into the same universe!

Mechwarrior 2 still stands above most other games for me, since it does give you the feeling of contributing to an actual war effort, not just destroying enemy mechs. The mission briefings, the history text, and the in-universe content were part of what I loved about that universe.

Which leads me to a question; does anyone have, or know where I could find, all that flavor text that you used to see between missions?