New or Old say hi!
SC-SuperSwoop
I.S. Baby

Re: Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by SC-SuperSwoop »

Hail,
SC-Super Swoop
SC-Star Captain

I began playing Mechwarrior in 1995. I played on the Mplayer League in Shadow Clan.
It truly was the best online game I have ever played.

I had actually beat the game before venturing online to NetMech, so I thought I was pretty hot stuff until I got my arse handed to me by SC-Papermate. It was glorious!! He took me under his wing and after I had played online for a year or so I went back and beat the game using only a Mad Dog.

I didn't like the way the Mplayer League ended. It seemed to me that it all went to crap in a matter of two months...

Are you guys still playing? If so I'd like to try.
I could dust off my old MS sidewinder...
To err is human to forgive is not SC policy
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Hey welcome!

yep, we are still playing. Look for us on the IRC server. :)
However, I do not know how much luck you will have with a joystick.
I have not heard of anyone recently getting DOSBOX to cooperate with a joystick, but i suppose it is possible.
Keyboard and mouse are the main controls these days.

Anyway, look me up if you wish a game.

<S>,
Sir MMPD Radick
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
VoodooLou
I.S. Baby

Post by VoodooLou »

Ill say howdy here too since I already babble'd in the Introductions section with-out looking for an Introduce yurself thread *shrug* go figure Im a Sheeper!!
Started playing when I got a copy of NetDemo in a PCGamer Magazine and using MechWarrior Registry on AOHell (Yeah I remember the long distance modem to modem and 2 Mechs n 3 Maps (or was it 3 Mechs n 2 Maps?) charges on phone bill (whopping $400!!). Got MW2 & NetMech Dos as soon as it came out and discovered Kali. Joined GC originally with Clan Blood Spirit and bounced around a few Clans there, joined with Clan Black Sheep for TKZ to experience Planetary League and recall being a bunch of drunken rowdy unconventional MechJunkies pissing everyone off (Especially CumStar err ComStain uhhh ComStar {Old habits are hard to break}) by using the bidding system to the utmost to our advantage (Can you say Spire of Destiny, Mission, Heavy Mechs max (and Taking an Elemental and a Tarantula for the speed and the Mech Spearing Legs of DFA DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!) no respawn.

Ok enough babble see ya in game I hope soon, pointed the way here on Clan WidowMakers forums so there may be a resurgance of Old Timers from GC showing up soon.
VoodooLou Kerensky
Khan Clan Black Sheep
'Pro Ovis Negrous Mori'-For Black Sheep Until Death
psycological murder
I.S. Baby

Post by psycological murder »

hey all used to play mech 2 ... then mech 2 mercs ... then mech 4 mercs ... anyways love the games and miss playing ... i play astro empires with raddick in WHY as well ... my name is chris ... usually go as Angelice ... or psyco ...
psycological murder
I.S. Baby

Post by psycological murder »

no kidding i used to have one of those MS Sidewinders they were awesome lol ... actually i think i had two of them ...
BlueOrb
I.S. Baby

Post by BlueOrb »

Hey guys,
Havent been on here in a while but it looks like you are doing well. Happy Holidays to all and come play MWLL with me =) http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php 4.0 will be release really soon.
Laters BlueOrb
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Come back and play the real thing blueorb we miss ya! :(
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Gorgon
I.S. Baby

Post by Gorgon »

I stumbled across this place a few days ago, and am still trying to remember what I can from my days of playing. I only played on Grand Council Kali, but some of your names look a bit familiar. This was way back around 1998 and before, so my memory is mostly full of blanks right now. Hell, the only reason I can guess at the date is finding the old Snow Raven site still online, with some logs here: http://members.fortunecity.com/snowraven/srnwsltr.htm

I don't know who did my writeup there, since I don't remember ever using a med laser TW (maybe a few pulse med and er smalls. That I used a lot, and still have kicking around). I also did a short stint with clan SJ there, but I'd love to find some of the folks from SR again.

Anyways, I already dropped by the IRC room and met a few of you, and now that I have the game running again, I'll be back to see if I can remember anything else.
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942)--
merc
I.S. Baby

Post by merc »

Hello.

I just installed MechVM. I've played a few missions but I can't customize mechs in either MW2 or GBL. Plus, GBL plays in a tiny box on my screen. Even so, I've had a good time and great memories. Thanks for all the resources.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Welcome merc!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble your having with the versions of the game you have though.
Post up a support request and someone will try and help if its possible