Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

New or Old say hi!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Apologies, the way it looked; it looked like spam.

Either way, welcome!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

Lord Sentinel wrote:hey what happened to my introduction?

TC-Sentinel?
Lord Sentinel
I.S. Baby

Post by Lord Sentinel »

Cyril wrote:
Lord Sentinel wrote:hey what happened to my introduction?

TC-Sentinel?
Indeed it is.

Was also Sailor.Boy, CDW-Dougie (no one knew me and MercJohns joined CDW as aliases and won every war we did. Mgay was CDW-Ethan) Rip Hymen, Simon Birch, etc.

And on Kali I was GS`Sentinel
Lag King
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Lag King »

Hi, I'm Lag King. If you haven't notice I'm a new member. This my first time using a forum , so any tips or suggestions would help. My first experience with MW2 was with the one mission demo on my 486sx / 25 MHZ. The Game ran quite slow but still playable (surprisingly :shock: ). The first full commercial game I owned was Earth Siege II (Didn't like at first, but now love it). Years later I found the Battlepack version MW2 and GBL (lost or thrown away) at Goodwill. For some reason I didn't like the commercial version at first. Years later, I picked up Heavy Gear II and found myself falling in love with it. The Game was great since add FPS style game play plus stealth, yet managed the to retain the mech sim feel. Any ways this game renewed my love for mech sims. After getting compatibility toolkit I pulled out ES II and MW2. I manged to get ES II to run great thanks to a forum found on the web (can't remember which). About a week or two ago I found MW2 Mercs at Goodwill for only $3.99 (boxset with everything included) :lol: . Mercs is great, I love the game since gives you more freedom then other games in the genre.
Mech related games I enjoy playing include Mech Platoon (a great RTS for GBA), Super Robot Taisen OG, and Armored Core (Don't have since I don't own any type of PS system).

P.S. The Timber Wolf is awesome.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Welcome Lag King, great to have ya!
Hope you drop by multiplayer sometime. :)
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Lag King
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Lag King »

Sorry. I only have dial up now (it's too slow for net matches). I'm still waiting for the tv stations to convert to digital, since my area may finally get wireless. Hopefully by Next Year I'll be able too.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Dial up is all you need to play online, remember this game is ancient! :)
Lag King
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Lag King »

I know, but internet connection not only slow but unreliable since I get frequent disconnects. Worst the part is that peek hour don't seem to be at any particular moment, it slow at random moments. Occasionally I can get between 6-8ks when downloading with Download Accelerater Plus (I use because nice resume option), but usually is between 1k-4ks. My Dad mention that Internet Explorer seems faster later, however I still feel safer with Firefox (plus I get fewer pop ups then IE). I would try playing Netmech just see if my connection would be at least playable,but I never see any users log on. Still I don't feel its fair other plays if the action gets interrupted when my server disconnects. When we had Netzero and then People PC (can't remember what order), I used play WC2 Battle.net, performance was reasonable as along as I remember to set speed to fast when hosting a match. Unfortunately both servers forced we use IE and we kept getting spy ware even with Spybot. The registry got so messed up that the system crashed. To make matters worse the cd-drive and cd-r drive failed (way before this) so we had no way to recover the problem (warranty already I expired). The computer Compaq presario which was pretty cheaply designed (Though HG II ran great despite the poor quality 3D accelerator). We now have an a new Computer and Netscape. This Isp seems safer and allows us
to choose our browser. I currently use Firefox and had few problems with spy ware. CCleaner seems to fix most problems.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

No one on netmech? There is always someone in the Netmech chat lobby idleing at the very least. :)
Never go to the mech2 DOS netmech lobby first, always go to the chat client, you will never see anyone otherwise.
GL_Wizard
I.S. Baby

Post by GL_Wizard »

Last edited by GL_Wizard on Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.