Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

New or Old say hi!
Wizard
I.S. Baby

Re: Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by Wizard »

Hey guys, long absence from this forum (GL_Wizard), my account was deleted due to inactivity! hehe My fault, I've been crazy busy and had no time to play. ;)

ANYWAY, here I am again, delighted to see so much is happening.... Can't wait to get a game in with you guys soon. I think the last one I played was documented in screenshots by MMPD, It was in the desert and I found myself mostly lost and got my ass kicked! heh heh...

:D

See you guys on IRC!
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Welcome back!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

indeed, welcome back!
Come by IRC when ya want to play :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Madsonovich
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Madsonovich »

Hello everyone!
I just joined this site.
I have played MW2 ever since it came out in Finland. My old MW2 disc got lost when I moved but I still have my copy of Mercenaries. Just a couple of weeks ago I was searching through my old stuff and found the Mercenares cd and decided to give it a try. Well it didn't work... Tried it in dosbox and my win98 comp. I searched for help on the internet and I found this site. I've gone through pretty much everything in this site and I still haven't managed to get Mercs work.
Just two days ago I was looking for old games in the local gamestore, games like Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and I noticed the MW2 Netmech edition they had. I bought it for 2€ went back home and popped the cd in, installed it only to have it crash just before the mission launch...
SO now I have two great MW games waiting to be played.

I joined the IRC channel to look for help, but it's just too quiet. I have exacly the same nick there.

I also have the titanium trilogy (which works), but it just isn't the same.
!down
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Welcome to mech2.org!

Have you tried installing through MechVM? It should set up everything nicely for you. If that doesn't work, please start a new thread in one of the tech support sections.
Madsonovich
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Madsonovich »

Mercenaries installed using MechVM. MechVM is also able to get it running, but the game is really unstable and the colors are mixed up.
No luck with MW2 netmech edition... It didn't even notice my disc or image.
I made some compatibility settings on my comp and now with dosbox, it just says that I don't have enough space to install. It seems like an easy thing to fix... maybe the conf file?
MechVM is a pretty nice program. I asked my friend to try it on his machine and Mercs ran like a dream.

I'll make a new thread in one of the tech support sections, tomorrow.

Edit: LordNova2 on the IRC channl helped me out. Mercs now runs using dosbox.
!down
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Sorry I missed you on IRC Madsonovich.. i actually saw you there but i thought it was someone under a different name that regularly showed up.
Message me in pm if you come back to IRC I would be glad to help if I am able.

Edit: nm LordNova helped ya.. glad to hear!
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Eladamri
I.S. Baby

Post by Eladamri »

Hello,

Found this site because I posted on the MWLL site asking the same thing. I used to play in the GC league on Kali in Steel Viper, and when I first started out the khan was Swampie. Other players included Steelfist, TheFox and Splicer...also played in FWLM in mw3/4 with the Marte crew. Played in the planetary leagues ran by a guy named Blackthorn..played in House Jurai a while too. Remember names such as Verdic, Hydro95, Darkviper, lightviper etc..Blondi, TyR, Luger, Cyberwolf, etc. Recently found a few of them, but was curious if anyone remembered me or knew what the names I mentioned were up to. Anyhow, just popping my head in, I know it was a long time ago.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Hey welcome Eladamri! :)

I would respond to most of what ya posted here but i already did in ya other thread heh

Come by the IRC channel sometime if ya want a netmech game :)
Coconut Commando
I.S. Baby

Post by Coconut Commando »

Hello everyone. I am the Coconut Commando. I control the 13th unit of the Cookiedoughandwhippedcream Army, and I was wondering if I have any new recruits to sign up on my army...? Okay! To tell you all the truth, I was FIRED fro there, and now i'm just a hobo on the streets, searchin' for some cash... Say do you guys spare a couple thousand dollars? And some ice cream, perhaps?

Now to be REAL: I began playing the original Mech2 when I was about 5 or 6 years old. I thought it was a pretty neat game, and I was awful at the game by the time... cut me some slack! I was five years old! Or was it six? When I was about eight or nine years old, I somehow LOST the game and never played the game again until four years later, when my dad and I decided to buy the game again. It was a deal! We got the original DOS version of Mech 2, along with the 95 version of Mercenaries, all for about 8 dollars. We all had Windows XP on our computers at the time, and I was disappointed that the game didn't work. So I found patches on THIS HERE FORUM and It was a miracle. I got to relive my puny childhood once again! Only except I KNOW what i'm doing now. I'm too lazy to get even more in-depth in my pathetic little story, but I just wanted to find a fancy way to say "hi."

Right Now, I am 15 years old, still a kid, and I still dig this game. This forum looks cool, so i'm signing up to be recruited, sirs! And you other guys there too.
"MY LORD! YOUR WIFE, LADY MACBETH APPROACHES! Or maybe... My lord, your wife ladymacbethapproaches. Or probably ME LORD! Y'WIFE! LADY M'BETH APPROACHES!"
-Sheen Estavaz