Hey

New or Old say hi!
Decivox
I.S. Baby

Hey

Post by Decivox »

Hey guys,

Umm yea I was just reminiscing through some of my old computer games that I found because I recently moved and came across Mechwarrior 2. I havent played the game since i was around 6 and im gunna turn 18 in June lol so its been awhile. I remember me having fun tho.

I was just surfin the forums real quick and noticed there is multiplayer? haha thats some sick **********.

Umm just wondering if it works on XP. Cant really tell because the CD is mssing, i just have the case. So before I try and find another way to get it, which maybe be hard considering the age, could u let me know? Wouldnt mind getting online with it haha.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Hey

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Hey welcome!

At the moment the best way to play online is to grab the package at http://netmech.mygamesonline.org/.
However, it has no single player, so if you want to config your controls you will have to do it manually through the .map files.

Yes, almost all versions of mech2 work in XP, DOS works the best, but we are using dosbox with it because of vista and also because the multiplayer is free going that route rather than kali.

As for purchasing the game again so you can get singleplayer, yes it is quite available on ebay, that is about the only place I know of to get a real cd.

The best deal that I can find atm on there is this combo that has GBL and the Pentium version of Mech2

This one would be my second choice, which has just MechWarrior 2 95 Pentium alone, but the version is more reliable I have bought from this seller before.

Whatever you do, avoid buying the titanium or Battlepack editions, those may look a little better graphically, but they lack many things that the origional versions have.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.