Hello, I miss this game.

New or Old say hi!
bowtie350
I.S. Baby

Hello, I miss this game.

Post by bowtie350 »

Hello fellow mechwarriors.

I have played since 1997 and loved the game very much. But stopped playing when hardware advanced and Win98 lost driver support. I have wanted to play again for a while now. Around 2008, I built a machine from old parts with drivers that would play nice with Win 98 SE so I could play Mech 2 and Mercs. Worked great for a few months, then the motherboard went bad. :(

Now my interest in the game has crept up again. Must have something to do with the movie Pacific Rim. So I am going try again with MechVM in Windows 7. If that doesn’t work, I will try Oracle’s VirtualBox (running in Win7) with an install of Win 98 SE.

Wish me luck and I hope to meet you all in an online match soon.
Mech 2 DOS, Mech 2 Mercs DOS/95, Mech 3. (Still looking for my old copies of GB MW2 and MW3 Pirate Moons)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Hello, I miss this game.

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

heya bowtie welcome!

Well mechvm should work. The multi though you can get right from the site out of the box.
Check by IRC. Be glad to play ya if I can catch ya when I am home. Usually get home weekdays 8 PM on average. Weekends usually on randomly
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.