Hello, Fellow Clanners

New or Old say hi!
Clyde1992
I.S. Baby

Hello, Fellow Clanners

Post by Clyde1992 »

Hello, everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself. I have been an avid fan of the Mechwarrior series since the mid-nineties, when I received a copy of Mechwarrior 2 bundled with my first computer. I have since collected every game in the series, including the first, and have finished most of the campaigns. I also have played the occasional multiplayer match of Mechwarrior 4 and, more recently, Mechwarrior Online. However, as I only owned the ATI 3D Rage Edition and the Titanium Trilogy of Mechwarrior 2, I never was able to play a multiplayer game of Mechwarrior 2.

This may soon change, however. I have just purchased a copy of Mechwarrior 2 with Netmech from eBay, and it will be arriving in a few days. If anyone is interested in playing a few games with me, I would be happy to oblige!
EventHorizon
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Re: Hello, Fellow Clanners

Post by EventHorizon »

Welcome to the forum. I might be interested in playing some games with you. We also had a monthly netmech game going, we might start it back up if we get some more interest
Clyde1992
I.S. Baby

Post by Clyde1992 »

Thanks for the offer! I have just recieved my copy, and I have successfully installed it through DOSBox. It feels good to play Mechwarrior 2, again!
Striker
House Steiner Private First Class
House Steiner Private First Class

Post by Striker »

Hello!
LordNova2
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by LordNova2 »

It is one of those "Now you tell me" things... But the vanilla DOS version of NetMech was always free to download and play. The only downside to the free copy was no mech-lab and you could only join games not host them.
Glubbisse
I.S. Baby

Hello Fellow Clanners

Post by Glubbisse »

Hello and welcome to the site Those mufflers do look good and Ill bet they do sound good too.