Hello!

New or Old say hi!
phantoon11
I.S. Baby

Hello!

Post by phantoon11 »

Hey everybody,

My name is Jeff and I'm pretty psyched to be here. Recently picked up a PIII, MW2 and GBL for windows and mercs all on ebay (also snagged MW3 while I was at it) and I'm really looking forward to playing these games again. It's been about 15 years!

I just need to get my monitor and the PS/2 keyboard and mouse delivered and I'll be up and running. Got my teaser when I set the PC up with the monitor/keyboard/mouse at my parents house and tested the games to make sure they worked. I feel like the biggest challenge is going to be getting the computer connected to the internet thru my FIOS (no modem in the PC and I don't even know if I can get a PC that old set up on wifi) -- any tips? I'm pretty computer illiterate believe it or not, I just know how to use the system at work and I'm pretty slick with an iPhone. My girlfriend got me a laptop with Windows 8 on it but I wouldn't even attempt an install on it.

Anywho, looking forward to posting and reading - this forum seems like a great resource for old-schoolers like us. Thanks!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Hello!

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

heya phantoon11 welcome!

Glad to hear ya enjoy mech2! It is always great to see that there are others interested in mech2!
Well, um regarding old systems and online play hate to say it but it is impossible to play with the dosbox players on an old system.
Sadly in order to still play online we had to sacrifice the ability to play with non dosbox players. You could play online via kali.net but I do not think you would find any players.
We do have a monthly netmech match though for dosbox netmech which ya can grab in the downloads section though.

If you have a newer comp you should be able to join us.
Cmon and play more the merrier!

Anywho on getting old systems online for updates etc.. i'd get Windows 98 and get a Linksys lan PCI card.
They should have some 98 drivers if you get the right model. Always fun trying to find the old drivers
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
phantoon11
I.S. Baby

Post by phantoon11 »

Thanks for the advice! Kb and mouse came a few days ago, now just waiting on the monitor!!

Ps big fan of your speed runs
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

thx! :) appreciate ya kind words!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Demonslayer
House Steiner Private First Class
House Steiner Private First Class

Post by Demonslayer »

Hello Fresh one glad to have you aboard! :D
enjoy your stay and please try to be active we don't get much people on the forums sadly. :cry: