hello i'm Matchstick

New or Old say hi!
Matchstick
I.S. Baby

hello i'm Matchstick

Post by Matchstick »

hi all Im Matchstick. I'm a big fan of battletech and mechwarrior and been play mw sense mw2 and a active member of WAR (unit in MWL)
ive played all the mw games plus mechcommander 1 and 2 and so far i still find myself loving MW2 mercs the most. I also play and collect battletech stuff (books, minis, ect) and my favorite mech is the jagermech. I hope to talk with you all soon. :D
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: hello i'm Matchstick

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

heya matchstick welcome back to the mechwarrior 2 scene! :)
Glad to see another person who loves battletech/mech2!

Drop by our IRC channel sometime. It is hard to get a game usually, but still worth dropping by.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Enzo03
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Enzo03 »

Welcome!
Someone talking about violence in video games, specifically Grand Theft Auto, wrote:HAY GUYZ I CAN HIDE ROCKETS AND AK-47S AND GUNS IN MY PANTS AND GET INTO POLICE STATIONS! LETS DO IT IRL!
Matchstick
I.S. Baby

Post by Matchstick »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:heya matchstick welcome back to the mechwarrior 2 scene! :)
Glad to see another person who loves battletech/mech2!

Drop by our IRC channel sometime. It is hard to get a game usually, but still worth dropping by.

thanks! what would be the best way of getting up to speed on playing mw2 online?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

no real way to get to speed. As I said games are sparse, so ya gotta bug people in IRC. :)
Really though all you need to know is the Rules for playing and the rest of it if you have played singleplayer you should be ok.
O and ... avoid Summoners, Gargoyles and Maddogs.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:O and ... avoid Summoners, Gargoyles and Maddogs.
Something i missed? :/
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

those mechs are the worst mechs in the game really because the bounding spheres and armor setup leave the mech extremely vulnerable.
Face off a Hellbringer and Summoner and 90% of the time the Hellbringer will win unless he is unskilled.
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

Is that the armour allocations the stock profiles, or the available allocations when customizing?

What are bounding spheres?

Thanks
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

the armor is an issue even if it is customized.
Bounding spheres are the hit points that you do not see on the screen. They are circles around the parts of the mechs.