Hello, my name is Nightbanshee.

New or Old say hi!
nightbanshee
I.S. Baby

Hello, my name is Nightbanshee.

Post by nightbanshee »

Umm yeah so hi. I am a Mechwarrior 2 addict. Bought an old P3, put windows 98 on it and whenever I need my fix I boot it up and play for a couple of hours. I guess I found that was the fastest way to get my fix. I first became hooked in 1995 when it was the first game I bought (Pentium edition) for my family's new Acer Pentium 133MHz computer. I still have the CD and jewel case although the original box and other materials are long gone. I liked MW3 and MW4, but to a lesser degree and I have the MW2, GBL, and Mercs sound tracks ripped and stored on my music player. I listen to it while working. I pay for my addiction by being a software engineer. So, I'm naturally curious about the development possibilities as well if time allows.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Hello, my name is Nightbanshee.

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Heya nightbanshee welcome!
Glad to meet another die hard mw2 fan. We are becoming an endangered species these days!
I have to agree with you the MW2 sound track is great for working. I do that myself on occasion.

Regarding development.... check into MW2's dev history sometime its a really interesting and somewhat scary read lol.
It's shocking to think netmech was created with no ethernet card to do testing. (let alone all the infighting in the dev team)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Enzo03
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Re: Hello, my name is Nightbanshee.

Post by Enzo03 »

And yet it still seems to perform much better than a lot of internet games to come after it.

Greetings, nightbanshee! I've been looking into either computer science or software engineering myself (sophomore in university here). How is it?
Someone talking about violence in video games, specifically Grand Theft Auto, wrote:HAY GUYZ I CAN HIDE ROCKETS AND AK-47S AND GUNS IN MY PANTS AND GET INTO POLICE STATIONS! LETS DO IT IRL!