Hello all, and thank you.

New or Old say hi!
Birgus
I.S. Baby

Hello all, and thank you.

Post by Birgus »

Thank you for helping me get Mercs to run for the first time in years. I have been missing the MW2 generation games for a long time and was resigned to never being able to go back to any of them.

I guess I was about 9 or 10 years old when I was introduced to the BT world through MW2 (ATI 3D rage edition bundled with my parents' shiny new computer) and have been a fan ever since. I am only able to run Mercs right now, since both of my copies of "31CC" are Win95/98-only and DOSBox is the only solution I have figured out how to get working. Mercs is utterly awesome despite the lack of compatibility with the dynamic salvage patch, and keyboard-only controls due to mysterious input issues for me. (Using one device locks out the others temporarily, as described by others in the tech issues subforum.) I am having a blast reliving the joyous part of the campaign where an introtech 50-tonner is viable. (I am a sucker for the Kalashnikov aesthetic, but it is also where I can crank up all the detail settings without killing performance.)

Again, thank you all for helping make it possible to play these games. From what I have read, I am not the only person able to retrieve fond childhood memories from these games.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Hello all, and thank you.

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Hey Birgus, welcome!
I'm glad to hear that you get to play this great game again! Enjoy! :D
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.