Slasher/Jerry checking in

New or Old say hi!
Eldaer
I.S. Baby

Slasher/Jerry checking in

Post by Eldaer »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to peek in and possibly reconnect with old friends from the MW2 Kali days. MW2 was the first game I ever played online and competitively so it holds a place in my heart that no game will ever replace. I think I started on Kali at age 11, and I'm still going strong in my online gaming today while working as an accountant and getting my MBA! :D

I played under the tags Jerry and Slasher. Slasher came after Jerry and I believe I played under Slasher for a larger percentage of my time on Kali. I had a very low Kali serial, 60,000 or something like that. My brother went under the name Jarrel and played for NWH (Northwind Highlanders?). Great times.

Here's a very brief list of names that come to mind from the Kali days:

TyR
Blondi
Xerxes
Warthog/h0le
BlueOrb
Rogue
Prodigy

And I would have to say that there are a ton of names beyond that which would trigger great memories as well. Being some 14 years removed, the names I recall don't come as easily as they once did.

I played primarily in the Grand Council with the end goal of domination ( :mrgreen: ) and winning as many titles for my clan under the quarterly system. I was a member of Clan Coyote in the beginning, Clan Hell's Horses somewhere along the line and Clan Smoke Jaguar was easily my longest tenure. I'm sure there are other clans that I'm failing to list that I was a part of as well. Brief appearances in Burrock and Nova Cat come to mind, but I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it.

I remember always hovering around the Nova Commander rank in order to be eligible under GC rules to use the Warhammer. I believe the lowest rank I ever had was Star Colonel. Ahh the good ol' days! :P

So hello to all my lost friends and I hope your lives are treating you well!

-Jeff
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Slasher/Jerry checking in

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Welcome Eldaer! I wasn't on kali till all of that was over, but I do know Tyr, BlueOrb, and Prodigy. They were good guys.
Tyr for years sat in the kali chat room, Till like maybe 2006.

Anyway drop by our chat room on IRC somtime. Be glad to play ya netmech :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
*SJ*TyR
I.S. Baby

Post by *SJ*TyR »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:Tyr for years sat in the kali chat room, Till like maybe 2006.
And I can do it again... if the servers are still up at least.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

LOL, well we switched to IRC now a days, but yeah you are more than welcome to sit there. :)
how are ya tyr?
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Gorgon
I.S. Baby

Post by Gorgon »

Talk about old memories. I went searching for how to get MW2 running again for nostalgic reasons, and finding old GC folks was more than I had hoped for.

I did a short stint with SJ towards the end of my MW2 days on Kali, but it was mostly Snow Raven for me before that. To be honest, I don't even remember why I switched, though I'd bet good money on it being an excuse to chase another old SR clan member around who thought he could take on all of the GC players one at a time in a stormcrow back then. He was doing quite well at it too, if I remember things right.

Anyways, I hope to get some old school play time in if I can find the chat room.
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942)--
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

welcome aboard :)