Forum rules
No distateful videos.
No Swearing!
NotSid
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

New Mercs video up. Check it out!

Post by NotSid »

Hello, everybody! I'm happy to annoucne a brand new video of mine using my new computer! I'm pretty impressed with how this turned out, so give it a view and tell me what ya think!
The video can be found here, so view it, rate it, and post a comment!

Catch ya later!
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Re: New Mercs video up. Check it out!

Post by Col.Kell »

break a leg! :lol:

Were you actualy telling your aerotech pilot what to do? Every time I had one, he would fly in the opposite direction I was facing. And I couldn't command him.

I personaly always went for the Hunchback and Catapult myself (shoot their legs off first) while I let my starmates go for the Crab, Sentinel and Assassin. And when I disabled those 2 mechs, I helped my starmates kill the 3 mechs they were engaging. Then, I finished off the Catapult and Hunchback.
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
NotSid
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by NotSid »

That's what I normally do, but only when I have 2 starmates. In a previous mission, Daniel got my Jenner all blown up, so I'm having a heck of a time trying to keep my 'Mechs' ammo and guns all supplied, and then affording a new 'Mech. But in that mission, as you could see, I salvaged the Hunchback, which should make my life a bit easier. I tried doing it that way, but I was overwhelmed by the Assassin, the Sentinel, the Catapult and the Hunchback while my one starmate and aerotech dealt with the Crab. I never send an aerotech against a 'Mech by himself, since he will almost always die. By the way, the commands for your Aerotech are listed in the gamekey.map file. Alt+x orders him to attack your target, and I believe alt+c tells him to join your formation. He actually helped that mission, I saw him fire a few LRMs at that Catapult a couple times. So aerotechs aren't completely useless. If nothing else, they draw fire away from you.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Nice vid, NotSid.
Sapphire Wolf

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Sweet video, man!
(and I like your avatar, NotSid, I'm also a huge fan of Homestar Runner)
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

NotSid wrote:By the way, the commands for your Aerotech are listed in the gamekey.map file. Alt+x orders him to attack your target, and I believe alt+c tells him to join your formation.
Man was I using my aerotech fighter wrong :roll: you know all sorts of things
btw nice avatar
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Slavick Kell
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Slavick Kell »

I can barely make the details of the video out. But still, I get whats going on. nice video. :)