MechWarrior or related video content.
Forum rules
No distateful videos.
No Swearing!
porousshield
I.S. Baby

MW2: Mercs Let's Play

Post by porousshield »

Hey, I'm doing a Mechwarrior 2: Mercs let's play if any of you are interested. Part 1 or (Most recent video): Part 12. I played the mechwarrior games years ago but I cheated like crazy and I'd like to go back and beat them properly. I've started with MW3: Mercs because it's the game I have the most nostalgia attached to but I'd like to do the other games as well.

This site was invaluable in setting up the game since I had so many problems and then when I started playing even more problems so the help was appreciated. :D

I love it if you guys and girls checked out my videos and got some mw2 discussion going.

I always jump right to the Jenner when I start a Mercs campaign. Maybe I should stick to the commando longer. What do you guys usually do?
Last edited by porousshield on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
porousshield
I.S. Baby

Re: MW2: Mercs Let's Play

Post by porousshield »

Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries #8: Playin' in the Snow

My lancemates are surprisingly useful while I play in the snow and I don't think they managed to shoot me in the back this time.

Would a Catapult or Dragon be a big upgrade on the Crab I'm currently using?
Madsonovich
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Madsonovich »

Quickdraw and flashman are the best. Catapult has a huge head and is easy to headshot. Also to answer your previous question, I usually play through the entire campaign with the commando.
!down
porousshield
I.S. Baby

Post by porousshield »

Thanks for the reply!

Playing with a commando sounds like a pain in the butt. What modifications do you make to it or is it stock?

Yeah, the catapult does have a pretty big nose and it's unlikely I won't be constantly in the thick of things so that big nose will get shot. Flashman seems like a nice upgrade over my crab in a bunch of ways.
Madsonovich
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Madsonovich »

I always modify my mechs. Max armor, add jump jets, some mlas/mplas (and flamers, if I want to make things really easy) and fill the mech with heat sinks. I don't like ammo weapons.
I watched your tenth video and noticed that you don't group your weapons. Medium lasers to one group, larges to another and the flamers in their own. Also you should always override the heat shutdown. There is no point not to override.
!down
porousshield
I.S. Baby

Post by porousshield »

I usually use groupings but for that mission I reloaded a save and I forgot to put my groupings back in. I tried to group them in mech but I have some keys reassigned and it wasn't working for me.